WESTERVILLE CITIZEN POLICE ACADEMY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
GUIDELINES FOR SUNSHINE FUND
PURPOSE OF THE FUND
- To enable the Westerville Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association (hereafter to be known as this Association) to extend well wishes, condolences, and heart-felt thanks to members of this Association and members of law enforcement.
- Donations may not be solicited by the Association for other causes, unless the disposition of the donations is clearly indicated and the solicitation is pre-approved by the Executive Board. This would include other 501(c)s not having a direct relationship to law enforcement.
HOW THE FUND WILL BE FINANCED
- The members of this Association will be asked to make periodic donations at membership meetings to support this Fund.
- The Fund may also be supported by fund raisers in the form of raffles at the membership meetings, provided any fund raiser is clearly indicated to be for the specific purpose of this Association’s Sunshine Fund.
- The funds raised will be maintained in a Sunshine Fund account by the Treasurer.
SUNSHINE FUND COORDINATOR
In the event that the current Coordinator resigns, the President of this Association will accept a volunteer to fill the position, or will appoint a new Coordinator.
The duties of the Coordinator will be:
- to receive information from the members of this Association regarding hospital stays, births, deaths or other major life events.
- to send the appropriate card or flowers to the members of this Association or their families.
- to send cards and flowers to members of law enforcement or their families, who are injured or killed in the line of duty, using funds from the WCPAAA Checking Account.
- to maintain a Petty Cash Account to allow the timely purchase of cards/flowers.
- to present the Petty Cash Account statement, together with all invoices, to the Treasurer for reconciliation, on a monthly basis.
GUIDELINES FOR FLOWERS
- Flowers may be sent to any members of this Association having a hospital stay of two nights or more. The amount spent would be approximately $40, including delivery charges.
- The choice of flowers will be at the discretion of the Coordinator, provided this remains within the financial guidelines.
- Flowers or a plant will be sent to the family of a member of this Association on the death of a member or a member’s spouse. The amount spent would be approximately $75, including delivery charges. If the family has indicated a charity or other organization in lieu of flowers, a donation of $50 would be sent to that charity/organization.
GUIDELINES FOR CARDS
- A card will be sent to any members of this Association having a hospital stay of two nights or less, or an illness at home.
- A card will be sent to any members of this Association for the birth of a child, a wedding, silver or gold wedding anniversaries, loss of a family member or other major life events.
- The cost of cards will be limited to approximately $3.00.
GUIDELINES FOR SYMPATHY EXPRESSED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Donations of up to $100 will be made from the WCPAAA Checking Account, to Westerville Division of Police personnel or their families in the following circumstances:
- Loss of life in the line of duty
- Injury in the line of duty
- Serious illness
- Flowers or a plant will be sent to the family of a member of the Westerville Division of Police on the death of an officer or an officer’s family member. The amount spent would be approximately $75, including delivery charges.
- Cards of condolences will be sent to the families of officers in other law enforcement departments who lose their lives in the line of duty.
Revised June 25, 2015